Monday, February 29, 2016

Getting Teeth Cut Out

Happy Monday, friends!

A good friend made a very encouraging reply to Friday's post to the effect that he hoped I would continue this blog.  I really appreciated it--I was feeling unwell and a little down when I read it, and it really lifted my spirits.  Rest assured that this will be continuing.

But let me tell you about getting my teeth cut out.  Two of them, on the top left, one impacted wisdom tooth and one abscessed molar.  (Actually the wisdom tooth was probably abscessed as well, but it definitely needed to go.)

I'm currently recovering and frankly don't feel great, but it wasn't horrible either.  On the plus side I've lost a few pounds.  :)  I'm on antibiotics and decongestants and painkillers--the sinus cavity did get involved..  Plus I have bad breath, which is socially a little awkward, and I just generally feel ill and can't eat much.  It'll pass--it's good to get it over with.

The doctor was great--I was awake the whole time and he narrated everything he was doing plus let me know exactly what to expect.  It was a huge anxiety relief for me.  A very surprising thing to me was that I was getting fearful in the waiting room.  They didn't keep me waiting but I was there early, so a few minutes of getting my nerves worked up was all my fault.  And I'm not generally afraid of much of anything that comes my way.  But it was interesting sitting in the chair with my Highlights magazine and watch myself getting more and more nervous.  An unusual and unpleasant experience for me.

But I'm feeling halfway human.  I've spent two days on serious painkillers and not able to concentrate on anything so it's a bit of a relief that the brain is working again.  And in a couple of days I'll be back to solid food, so it's all good.  Yay, smoothies and soup!

Hope all is well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment