Monday, February 8, 2016

Seeking The Right Things First

I don't really have a "life verse" in the sense of one Bible passage that I consider special to me.  But Adored Wife and I do come back to Matthew 6:33 pretty often: "Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

It's in the middle of a section where Jesus is talking about worry (hint: He's against it) and He concludes with this advice on where we ought to be placing our heart and our attention.

I kind of rewrite this, in my bumper-sticker-theology way, into "If we take care of God's business, God will take care of our business."

See, we have all kinds of things we COULD worry about:
1. Health
2. Finances
3. Family
4. Insurance
5. School
6. Relationships
7. Jobs
8. Immorality
9. Government
10. Commitments and obligations

But if we're focused instead on "what does God want me to do?" then we have this promise that He's GOING to take care of everything else.  Not to say that I shouldn't work or keep my finances in order or pay attention to my family--doing those things honorably can be a part of my service to God.  But my heart and my mind shouldn't be set on the "needs"--if we're putting God first, He's going to supply everything we need.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment