Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Evening Unwinding

Adored Wife and I used to be insistent on a small routine.  Every evening after things were more or less settled we'd spend a few minutes in the kitchen and just talk.  Usually with a diet cream soda.

We've gotten away from that and are deliberately and intentionally getting it back.  I don't know how it stopped happening (I think it was probably when both daughters started often staying up later than I did) but we miss it, we've been doing it again for several nights, and I like it.

Last night wasn't eventful.  We talked a little about my day, a little about her day, about some administrivia relating to today, about her upcoming show and some upcoming surgery and doctor visits and Graphics Magician trying out for the track team, about how we could pray for each other.  Then we called a halt to business and intentionally talked about fun stuff, and wound up critically appraising recent superhero movies in general and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in particular and some things we've thought it's done very well and some things we're a little iffy about.  (We're fans.)

And we'll do it again tonight.  And tomorrow night.  And so on ad infinitum.  I'm not going to tell you we'll never miss a night, but I plan for it not to be often.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment