Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Car Nears Its End

Happy Thursday, friends, and hope this finds you well.

As promised, I'm no longer doing the Monday-Wednesday-Friday posting schedule but have moved to the "every so often" posting.  I really, really, really wanted to post something yesterday--I'm a little tightly wound and bound by my own sense of honor and duty--but I decided that if I was going to drop MWF then by golly I should drop it.

I've made a few other changes courtesy my technologically inclined friend Vince's very helpful suggestions.  You'll notice there's now some "subscribe" and "follow" features I hope you'll make use of.  I'll hopefully be incorporating more of his advice as we move forward.  I'm still trying to sort out where this blog is headed and I appreciate your prayers and feedback.

At the moment I hope you'll join me in a moment of silence as we gather to pay our respects to our beloved Jeep.  It's not dead but it is terminally ill.  It has a loose rod in the motor and the mechanic said it may be good for another twenty miles or another two hundred but at some point in time the engine is going to stop and it's never going to start again.

This is an awkward situation for us.  I couldn't justify putting a rebuilt engine into the Jeep no matter what--they're expensive and it'd make more sense to put the money toward another vehicle.  But we don't have the money for either repair or replacement--we're in debt as it is, with no immediate prospects for getting out.  There are some wealthy people we know that we could ask for a bailout and if it came down to a real crisis I could do that and they would help--I don't have anything to actually worry about.  But I'm not going to ask them just because it's inconvenient to be down a vehicle; we'll manage somehow.

But it does make a change in how our household operates.  It'll probably be good for us; God is after all absolute Sovereign over all circumstances and this wouldn't be happening if He didn't have some plans to bring good out of it.

So we'll trust Him with the transportation situation and not worry about it.  But it's testing our juggling and scheduling skills right now.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment