Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Insurance Small Victory

Every once in a while, something works right.

We've never been exactly rolling in money; if it weren't for the generosity of extended family we wouldn't be able to enjoy the lifestyle that we do.  I don't make all that much money doing what I do and having family members with chronic health trouble is an expensive hobby.  I'm not complaining; God has always taken care of us and I have a roof over my head, I eat regularly, and I have some nice possessions--there are many people who couldn't say that.

But I've never had so much money that I could afford to toss it around carelessly and I have to juggle finances a lot, and health insurance snafus and medical bills are a frequent source of stress and frustration.  So it's nice when something works out.

On three separate occasions recently:

1. Calling the provider on a bill we don't think we owe: "Oh, we're sorry, Mr. Styron, that was a clerical error.  You should never have been sent that.  Just disregard it, please."

2. Calling the insurance company on a matter that should have been fully covered, as we'd met our deductible.  "Okay, we think we have that resolved.  Just get the provider to resubmit it, please, and we'll pay it."

3. Calling the insurance company because a pre-approval hadn't been properly credited.  "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we had that straightened up.  Okay, yes, the system hadn't been updated.  Sorry about that, and we'll contact the doctor's office and take care of that."

So that's three different pieces of paper I can scribble a few notes on, file away, and forget about.  Yay!  (Now for the other seventeen pieces of paper still pending.....)

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment