Friday, January 29, 2016

Hallucinations in the Snow

Social Hurricane suffers from hallucinations, visual, auditory, AND tactile.  The antipsychotic medication that calms them down has unpleasant side effects and she'd rather deal with the monsters. Sometimes they're not too bad.

She wrote this the other day while snowbound and I'm sharing it with her permission:

I look out onto the snowy lot and see them dancing.  
I know they are not real because their footprints don't last or sometimes don't even show.  
Some of the figures I see don't even touch the ground as they dance and fly about.  
I feel something pushing me to go outside but I don't look back to see who because I know it's not real. 
I can hear laughter and singing but I turn away no matter how tempting it is because I sense the danger of the beautiful figures.

Welcome to life in my daughter's mind.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment