Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Paying The Doctors

Every so often I worry about money.  I'm not supposed to worry about anything, I know this.  Cast all your cares upon the Lord, and so forth, and when I catch myself worrying I try to divert to praising and praying and it usually works.  And I'm not complaining--God's pulled off some major financial miracles over the years and there are people who have helped us out very generously in the past and would do so again if I only asked.  And I have a roof over my head and plenty to eat and some very nice possessions and there are a lot of people who can't say that, so.....

You know, this was supposed to be a post about medical bills, of which we have our fair share, and it's turning into a post about how God has taken care of me.  And that's okay.

But yes, medical bills.  We're very happy to have health insurance but we've had insurance snafus galore over the years and are still dealing with a few.  Adored Wife can do lots of things but probably ought to be on at least partial disability and that process has stalled out.  I don't make a huge amount of money doing what I do and what with one thing and another we're paying over three hundred dollars a month in doctor bills and medication not counting health insurance premiums.  (It would be way more than that if insurance wasn't covering most of it.)  And we're currently running around and around with a facility that wants us to pay several thousand dollars for something I honestly don't know whether or not we're legally responsible for.  I can't comment on that one but I'm not making payment arrangements until they come up with more substantiation than they have.

So, you know, I spend a fair amount of time and energy juggling finances.  And being tempted to worry about them.

Whew, deep breath.  Sorry for the rant.  Sometimes I just need to get it out.  But it's okay, God has and will continue to take care of things if we just follow Him.  Matthew 6:33, seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.

Thanks for listening to me vent a little, friends.  Hope all's well out there, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment