Monday, January 25, 2016

Basement Artist Says "Hi"

Hi, this is Basement Artist, doing a guest blog, which I've only been asked to do like five minutes earlier and I've only just started my first cup of coffee.  I think it wasn't even five minutes.

I'm part of the family and I'll be doing occasional blogs.  Hopefully I'll be much more awake for the next ones.  My father is a morning person.  I, not so much.  My "not normal" qualifications are introversion, social anxiety, life anxiety, insecurity, problems with my voice, asthma, and repetitive fantasies of taking over the world.  On the plus side everyone else says I'm a very good artist, I can play the piano by ear, and my mother and fiance and everyone else says I'm adorable.  (My fiance is proof that you can find anything on the internet.)

I work in a restaurant as a prep cook.  It is infinitely more enjoyable than my last job sorting clothes hangars.  I have a forestry technician's degree that I haven't actually properly used yet (except for chainsaw work) and I've spent a lot of time taking care of my little brother and the household for various reasons.  I am active in my church and like to help with one of the children's classes, I am expert at working the photocopier and I work with media and audiovisual during worship.  I've been to Montreal to visit my Canadian fiance and I'm currently learning to speak French.

Number one about being an introvert is that you're not used to talking about yourself.  You are not inclined to go out of the house at all, and maintaining a social life is actually a bit like checking off a chore list.  I genuinely like people but it takes an effort to socialize (but the effort is worth it.)

I'll talk to you more later if I can fit it on the list and if I've had a second cup of coffee.  Thanks for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment