Monday, September 18, 2017

Side Effects! Whee!

New medication for depression.

I've gotten, I think, every side effect on the list.

Thankfully, not all at once.

First two days:  Headache and nausea.  Dry mouth.
Third day:  No headache.  No dry mouth.  Nausea, dizziness.  Nervous energy in the mornings.  Shakes and stammers.  Excessive sweating.
Fourth day:  Very light nausea, no dizziness.  HUGE problem with nervous energy.  Couldn't sit still, concentrate, hold my hands steady or speak without stammering for a couple of hours in the morning.
Crashed out in the afternoon.  Couldn't stay awake.  Excessive sweating.
Fifth day:  Nervous energy about the same, no nausea.  Crashed out in the afternoon.  Still sweating, yay!
Sixth day:  Nervous energy still noticeable, but seems to be tapering off.  No headaches, nausea, or dizziness.  Sweating seems to be not so bad.
Seventh day: Nervous energy excessive in the morning.  Other side effects seem to be diminished.
Eight day:  Side effects very light.  A little edgy and nervous for awhile in the morning, but that's been about it.

Sleeping--haven't slept well in weeks.  Third night after taking the medicine, best night's sleep I've had in a long time.  Otherwise, fitful sleep and strange dreams.

On the depression front itself, actually feeling better.  I wake up apathetic and with feelings of extreme sadness and pessimism, make myself get out of bed and take my medicine.  I start to feel better within about twenty minutes and am pretty up for most of the day.  I can feel it wearing off in the evenings.  Bizarre--I can actually feel my brain gearing down.

I'll keep you posted.  The side effects seem to be winding down as my body gets accustomed to it, which the doctor said would likely happen.  He said it'd be a solid week to ten days before I really started to feel better, and it's only been six days and I'm noticing improvement already, so that's very encouraging.

Adventures in pharmacy.  Yay!

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment