Thursday, August 24, 2017

Musings On Back Trouble

Well, that wasn't too smart.

I don't precisely have a bad back.  More to the point, I really DON'T have a bad back.  It rarely gives me any trouble at all, and I do a fair amount of manual labor and heavy lifting.

But there have been a few times over the past few years when I've lifted something the wrong way and hurt myself.  The last time wasn't any permanent injury--a few days later it was fine, but for that few days I was pretty well laid up.

This most recent time I'm hoping wasn't permanent injury.  I was doing some extraordinarily heavy lifting Saturday morning, and made the mistake of turning the wrong way while carrying a heavy weight.  It didn't hurt when I did it, but then later I drove home and when I got there and tried to get out of the car....my back seized up.

And it's better today than it was a couple of days ago, but I'm still really limited in my mobility, and any kind of real lifting is just out of the picture.  With a little luck I just strained a muscle or something and it'll heal in a few more days., no troubles.

I should probably be more careful, though.  I'm a very strong guy, but I'm not getting any younger.  The real adjustment around the household, though, is that I'm accustomed to being the brawn for Adored Wife when she needs some help, because of all her physical limitations.

Sunday she was getting around a lot more comfortably than I was.  Go figure.  Took a little getting used to, and hopefully it's a short-term thing.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment