Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hormone Central

Conversation between me and Graphics Magician.  If you're not a regular reader of this blog, GM is a 14 year old strong willed boy who thinks he knows everything.  As this conversation unfolds, though, I have him at a bit of a disadvantage, because I'd earlier caught him hanging out with a neighborhood girl and he's embarrassed and a bit abashed.

Me: My son, do you know what hormones do to fourteen-year-old boys?

GM: ......no.

Me: Hormones make fourteen-year-old boys stupid.  Do you know what hormones do to fourteen-year-old girls?

GM: .....make them stupid?

Me: No.  Hormones make fourteen-year-old girls mean.  She will play with your emotions just because she can, and she won't intend any harm by it.  Haven't you had enough girl trouble already?

GM: No, but, Papa, I get it, okay, but she's like my best friend.  We just talk.

Me: Uh-huh.  Plus, she's really cute and she smells nice, right?

GM: (Puts fingers in ears, blushes, grins, stops making eye contact.)

Me: Okay, I guess we're done here.


No comments:

Post a Comment