Monday, February 27, 2017

What DO the Neighbors Think?

It concerns me just a little bit that when you start typing "the neighbors think we're normal" into Google search the first thing that pops up is "the neighbors think we're selling dope."

I think it might be some kind of popular rap song, or something.  I haven't felt led to explore it.

But it led me to wonder, what do the neighbors think?  And what do we think about them?

We live in a pretty little area, hilly and wooded, with maybe forty houses or so on our road and the two small lanes that branch off of it.  I'd say there are six neighboring households we know well, and two or three more we know a little.  Everybody else we're on a nodding and waving acquaintance with.

We have some dog walkers, and we'll smile and wave to them and they'll wave back.  I know a few of them by their first names.  We have some families with cute small children, and the kids are out playing in their yards when the weather's good.  Graphics Magician goes to school with some of the neighbor kids, and he knows them without knowing their families much.  My next door neighbors have children and grandchildren in on holidays, and the fellow on the other side doesn't get out much.  There are a few houses up the hill from us that are summer homes--when the weather gets cold the residents head for Florida.

....It's not a lot to know about a place for having lived there eight years.  I should make more of an effort.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment