Monday, October 30, 2017

Adored Wife Sprains An Ankle

Adored Wife is recovering (actually pretty well) from a nasty ankle sprain (or "strained perineal tendon with significant joint effusion.")

She's still not sure how she did it, but the doctor has found some bone spurs and he thinks that may have aggravated the tendons, depending on how she's been moving.

He wants to send her for physical therapy.  AW doesn't particularly want to go to physical therapy.  They both looked at me in the examining room and I said that I was just the chauffeur and I wasn't getting in the middle of this.

I think the doctor's going to prevail.

She's moved to smaller and less restrictive brace so she can start driving again, but it doesn't provide the support of the great big boot thingy, so she's having to be more careful how she walks.  She may swap them off a little bit.  They're both complicated contraptions to put on.

I'm looking forward to her driving again.  I can't say I've been doing all of it--we've had some great friends who have stepped up to help--but I've been doing a lot more of it than I've been accustomed to.

Prayers for her in recovery would be appreciated, friends.  Take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment