Thursday, July 6, 2017

Kicking Myself

There's a meme on Facebook which says "It's possible to see something you don't agree with on Facebook and scroll right by it."

I should have listened.  I know better.  Every single time I engage in a controversial topic on social media I've come to regret it.

Every.  Single.  Time.

And this time was no different.  I disagreed, respectfully, with the poster.  I could see her point and bore her no personal animus, but I believed her to be mistaken.  And I put what I considered to be a reasoned and measured response.

And NOW, I'm getting all these notifications about people who agree with me and people who agree with her, and not everyone is keeping it as civil as she and I did, and it's temporarily taken over my Facebook.

It'll settle down.  But in the meantime I'm too aggravated with myself to get anything else coherent or creative done.

Posting on Facebook does not change anybody's mind if they already have their minds made up.  It's not worth it.  I know this.

I should have just kept scrolling right on by.  I knew better.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with "The Neighbors Think We're Normal."  But I had to vent somewhere, and this is taking up all the space in my brain anyway.  Thanks for reading.

Ah, well.  It'll settle down in a few hours.  Tomorrow somebody else will post something controversial that won't change anything.  Maybe I'll have the sense to leave it alone.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment