Monday, July 24, 2017

Adolescence, Sweet Adolescence

Adored Wife is convinced there's something wrong with Graphics Magician.

He's wanting to hang out with friends we don't entirely approve of all the time and do not much of anything with them, he's moody, uncommunicative, sleeps a lot, a little lazy, doesn't enjoy time with family, and he's not enthusiastic about a lot of the things he used to really enjoy.

I personally think that he's got a very serious condition, and the whole family is going to be suffering from it for the next four to six years.

That's right--he's an adolescent.

Now, I have to be careful about making light of AW's concerns, because there have been numerous occasions when she's been right about something that's escaped my attention.  I'll keep an eye on him.

But honestly, he reminds me a lot of me when I was that age.  And I had my own issues (as which fourteen year old doesn't?) but nothing to be alarmed about.  I got through it, although I'm sure I was a trial to my parents' patience on more than one occasion.

We may be entering a very "normal" challenging stage.  And I'm not sure we're equipped to deal with normal.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Addendum: Okay, once again AW was right and I was wrong.  GM and his friends have been getting into a little mischief beyond what we're prepared to tolerate, and we're having to nip a few tendencies in the bud.  Whee.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment