Thursday, January 5, 2017

Incompatible Schedules

Our family has incompatible schedules.

When I have my preferences I get up about six in the morning and go to bed about ten at night.  I very, very, very rarely get my preferences.  I still get up about six because somebody has to and I'm the best qualified, but circumstances usually keep me up later.

By preference Adored Wife and Graphics Magician stay up until midnight or one in the morning and then sleep in until nine in the morning.  (GM prefers to sleep until noon if possible.)  Circumstances rarely allow them to sleep as late as they'd like.

Basement Artist's restaurant job frequently has her getting home at one or two in the morning.  Fortunately she usually does get to sleep in with this happens, but it throws her off as far as getting anything else done.

Social Hurricane works nights and sleeps days.  This isn't so bad except for days off because she's used to sleeping days and then there's nothing for her to do at home at three in the morning when she's awake and the rest of us are asleep.  She'll try to stay awake during the day when she has a night off, but then it messes up her whole body clock.

As you might imagine, the whole family uses a lot of caffeine just trying to stay caught up.  Occasional naps are nice and occasionally absolutely necessary.

Plus it's awkward trying to get everybody together for anything.  I'll have days when I don't see Basement Artist at all--she's asleep when I go to work, she's at work when I get home, and I'm asleep when she gets home.

But we manage, because we're awesome like that.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment