Thursday, December 8, 2016

Struggles With Weight

With the exception of Graphics Magician (an active thirteen year old boy with an insane metabolism who could stand to put on a few pounds), the family would all like to lose "a little weight."

I'm not, in this post, commenting about anybody's struggles but mine.

Here goes.

I don't struggle with weight loss.

I'm not trying to lose weight.  I've never tried to lose weight in my life.

I would like to lose some weight.  At this writing I'd really like to lose about eighteen pounds.  I'm about seventeen pounds below my top weight and my situation is far from desperate (I was solidly in the prediabetic range then and needed to do something) but I'm still carrying poundage that makes it harder to move and makes me feel a little unwell.

But if I made the choice to lose it, I could.  Not all at once, I'll grant you.  But if I started making sensible eating and activity choices, I could take off eighteen pounds in probably three months.  I base that on my previously demonstrated ability to lose twenty pounds in three months of behaving myself.

All I have to do is consistently make good choices.

And yet, you know, evidence suggests that hasn't been my pattern.  I wonder why.

No excuses, just being honest.  I've chosen not to lose weight.

I wonder if I'll start choosing differently.  It's really up to me, isn't it?

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment