Monday, December 19, 2016

Adored Wife's Christmas Party

I'm writing this on a Sunday evening, planning for it to go out Monday morning.  That's a little closer to the wire than I like to get things but I've had a very busy time lately with work, Christmas and household stuff, and some other writing projects.  I'm not committed to a Monday/Thursday schedule, but it seems to be working out and I like to give both of my readers something they can rely on.

But yesterday Adored Wife threw a small Christmas party for friends from our various circles.  We invited a hundred and something people and had thirty or so who could make it, which is about par for a weekend in December.  We wouldn't have had room for a hundred people to park, anyway.  We could have fit that many in the house if they weren't fussy about personal space, though.

But, I digress.

AW has lots of chronic health issues, mostly related to nerve pain, epilepsy, balance, and various neurochemical troubles.  She manages to be pretty active despite all that but an hour's moderate activity usually involves two hours' recovery time.  I (as you may know) am wired as almost pure introvert; I'm not big on parties.  I'm fine with them as long as I treat them as obligations to be discharged but I don't do them for fun.

So, you know, we're not the most obvious "throw a party" couple.  But Adored Wife really wanted to host a party, because that's what normal people do.  And I'm very fond of Adored Wife, so I signed up for it.

And yesterday's party went honestly pretty well and we both enjoyed ourselves.  What with helping some friends move in the morning and then getting ready for, participating in, and cleaning up from the party I didn't get any downtime at all yesterday and AW was exhausted and in considerable pain last night and has been absolutely worthless today.  (Her own words.)  She's mostly slept and rested the whole day, with the exception of an hour or two in the afternoon when she moved around and did a few light chores, then went back to sleep on the recliner.

I asked her if it was worth it.  She replied that of course it was, and wants to do it again sometime soon.  She had a successful party and is very pleased with herself.

Maybe a trifle on the stubborn side, but I like her.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment