Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Encouraging and Uplifting Post

I'd spent the last few posts talking about depression, which is both a downer to go through and to read about, and I'd promised to make this post a lighter one.

Only here's the thing.....

I only go through these depressive episodes about every year and a half, and I always forget about the manic bounceback at the end.  I'm not sure if it's technically mania; the depression has been medically diagnosed but I've never seen a doctor about this latter part.  It may just be my neurons going wild with relief.

But for the past couple of days my brain has been in overdrive.

You'd think that would be a good thing, but noooooooo.  I'm hyper, I can't concentrate, I'm in a ridiculously good mood, and everything seems like a good idea.  I'm ready to fight a grizzly bear.  (I think I could take him.)

Given that I've had to make myself buckle down and get some paperwork done, this hasn't worked out so well.  I've done it because I've had to, all the while wanting to chuck the whole desk out the window and go bungee jumping.  Or maybe challenge somebody to a duel of honor.  Or go drag racing on the interstate.

I feel GREAT.  But concentration, not so much.  I'm grinning as I write this.  (In some ways mania is worse than depression.  In depression you feel bad, but in mania you're prone to do STUPID stuff.)

I won't lie to you, this is much more fun than the depressive episode, and history suggests it'll only be a day or two at most until it settles.  But as far as thoughtful and well reasoned blog posts goes, it ain't happening.

Hopefully this is mildly entertaining, anyway.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment