Monday, May 23, 2016

Dealing With My Attitude

Do you every have one of those times in your life when your attitude just leaves something to be desired?

It's not the circumstances.  There are ALWAYS things that you could wish were otherwise, but I know people with much worse problems than I have who are in a better mood than I've found myself the past few days.  It may be the neurochemical roller coaster I've been on the past few weeks and I just need to cut myself some slack while it settles down.

But sheesh, I've been grouchy.  And I don't like it.

My Christian faith informs much of my life (and it ought to inform everything but I'm a stubborn and rebellious sort) and the "fruit of the Holy Spirit" is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  If those things aren't present in my life (and they've been sorely lacking the past little while) then something is clearly amiss with my relationship with God.

Unconfessed or harbored sin?  Worry?  Failure to abide in Christ?  Taking my eyes off God and focusing too much on the problems?  Dunno.

But clearly there's something I'm missing and I don't know what it is.

It'd be easy to self-medicate, to turn to various distractions to make me feel temporarily better (food is a frequent go-to, which is one of the main reasons I'm twenty pounds overweight).  I don't want to do that.  I want to spend intensive time in prayer and meditation and entreaty and thought and seeking wisdom and guidance, to get this figured out.

I'd appreciate your prayers, friends.  Thanks much and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment