Monday, March 14, 2016

Be Encouraged

Happy Monday, friends.  Unlike a lot of my blog posts (which I schedule ahead) this one is written in real time.  I had a very full week, albeit a good one, and my slightly less abundant discretionary time was spent with family and a few other personal projects rather than this.

But I'd wanted to say a word.  I'm up and about early, getting ready to take a day trip to see my parents.  (I was going to go one day last week, but had a bit of a situation at work.)  I haven't seen them in almost two months, what with car troubles and oral surgery and illness, so I'm rather looking forward to today.

Things are going pretty well.  Basement Artist still has her boyfriend in, although he's leaving tomorrow evening, and that's been good--I got to spend a little time with him here and there and he's a good guy.  Graphics Magician and I spent some quality time yesterday afternoon, and I've had a couple of dates with Social Hurricane.  I haven't seen much of Adored Wife with the play she's directing, but we'll get caught up, and of course BA has been busy with the fiancé.

But I've been thinking about God's sovereignty and how He uses the circumstances of this life to direct our hearts back to Him.  I've had a few idolatrous practices in my own life rear their ugly heads of late (gluttony and wasting time, mainly) and God's gently allowed a few stressful situations to draw my attention to the fact that I'm looking toward the wrong things to give me strength and peace and wisdom and guidance, when I ought to be looking toward Him.

But I know God loves me, and I know that when I keep my heart set on Him that He'll be with me through whatever storms may come in this life.  May that peace stay with me and, friends, may You know that peace as well.

God bless.  I'm off on a road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment