Thursday, May 4, 2017

Going Through Midlife Crisis

I'm not exactly unhappy where I work.  There are some frustrating aspects to it, but I can't imagine anybody in any other job would say anything different.  I'm privileged to be able to associate with some very nice people and there are aspects of my occupation I quite enjoy.

But I can't see doing what I'm doing now for the rest of my life.

I'm starting to feel my age a little bit.  Forty-eight at this writing, which is hardly advanced, but it's just right for a (bum, bum, bum) MIDLIFE CRISIS.  And there are things I'm doing now which a younger man, quite honestly, could probably do better.  I was probably not a bad fit when I started my current job, eight years ago, but I think I'm aging out of it.  Some of the physical stuff is getting harder, and I'm a little crankier about some of the management policies and practices that I've never quite been on board with.

And I think I'm ready for a change.  Spread my wings a little, do something more creative, have a little more fun.

But I have to be careful and cautious.  Men in midlife have been known to do ill-advised things purely BECAUSE they're starting to feel their age, and I don't want to add my name to that list.

Also, I kinda want to go out and buy a nice car, which I'd have to finance, and that would be a really moronically bad idea.

I'll have to keep an eye on it.  I'll let you know if I start looking at toupées.  (Which would be kind of silly, because my hair is seriously graying but is otherwise intact.)

God bless, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment