Monday, March 27, 2017

Endangered Family Time

This is not desirable, and we need to do something about it.

Granted there are lots of contributing factors, but I couldn't tell you the last time all five members of my immediate family were awake and in the household at the same time, at least for more than a half hour stretch (and not many of those.)   I know it's been at least two weeks.  I work, essentially, first shift, Basement Artist works second, and Social Hurricane works third.  Graphics Magician is frequently out and about at friends' houses, Adored Wife has a busy schedule, and I was out of town for a conference one weekend and then BA was out of town with her fiance for a few days.

It's been kind of crazy.

But still, we have to do something about this.  It's not going to happen today.  Tomorrow I think BA has the day off (at least I hope she does), and if that's the case and if we can get AW home from the theater by 8:30 and GM home from his friend's house (and if we can send any friends he happens to have over home), and if SH can be up a little early before she has to go to work....

I think we may be able to pull off a family conversation.  I'll have to get some ice cream and toppings and we'll sit around in the dining room and, you know, just talk.

About what, I don't know.  But by golly, we're going to get together as a family.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment