Monday, October 10, 2016

Thinking of Others

It's easy to get bogged down focusing on your own troubles.

At this writing thousands of people, including a number I know personally, are being inconvenienced, imperiled, endangered, and traumatized by Hurricane Matthew.

I visited a lady in the hospital today who's miserably ill, to the point she can't eat or drink, stand up unassisted, or concentrate on anything.

I know a man who's bedridden, mute, quadriplegic, and afflicted with memory and cognitive issues.

Other friends are dealing with grief, loss, illness, surgery, financial and family issues.

Millions in the world face famine, illness, persecution, deprivation, ignorance, hopelessness, and poverty on a daily basis.

My brother the nurse sometimes says "my job makes it very easy to count my blessings."

Sometimes I just need to stop and count mine.  There are a lot of them.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment