Thursday, August 4, 2016

Happy Birthday To Me!

Tomorrow's my birthday, yay!  My twin brother and I will be forty-eight years old.

I understand midlife crisis--I'm nowhere nearly the financial or professional success I might have hoped for at this age.

But I wrote this on Facebook a couple of years ago:

All kidding aside, birthdays lend to introspection. Forty-six years old, probably solidly in the mid-life crisis stage, lots of things that I could wish were otherwise.

But this evening:
1. I have a roof over my head.
2. I have plenty to eat.
3. I have a beautiful family and there is love in my home.
4. I can walk, talk, work, and rest.
5. My sins are forgiven in Jesus' name and God has promised to never leave me.

So, yeah. I'm good. Today's been great.

Good night, friends. Be well.

And it's still true.  I have much to be thankful for and much to be happy about.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment