Monday, June 20, 2016

The Post-VBS Post

Vacation Bible School was this past week, and we did an unusually intensive one this year in addition to running a little short-staffed.  It turned out great, but I personally worked for eight straight days without a day off, with the "light" day being nine hours and a couple of the big days being thirteen to fourteen.  Something had to go and it was mostly sleep.  LOTS of caffeine.

Saturday I did get a pretty substantial nap in the afternoon and some badly needed downtime, but it was also catching up on a few neglected chores, PLUS having to get a new battery put in Adored Wife's minivan.

Yesterday, Father's Day, after church I went to spend the rest of the day with my father, which involves a four hour round trip commute.  I don't begrudge it for a moment--I love the old man and his health's not good.  Seize the day, right?

So, this is today's post.  Thursday I'll hope to have some actual content for you, but I'm having to cut myself a little slack just at present.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment