Thursday, April 28, 2016

Where My Head's At Today

I may be a little depressed.  Either that or I'm just running tired or maybe I'm coming down with something.  Do you ever have one of those times when you hope you're getting sick because then you've got something you can blame the grouchiness and listlessness on?

In other words, if I find I have a fever, I'll actually be a little relieved and say "well, that explains a lot."

Some of it may be stress, of course, but to a large degree stress is under my control.  There are always things I could wish were otherwise, but there are also always things to be grateful and thankful for, and I know God will shepherd me through even the toughest times if I just keep my heart on Him.  It's a matter of perspective.

But yeah, I'm a little cranky, and a little moody, and a little pessimistic, and I don't like myself like this.  Energy and creativity are definitely at a low ebb.  I should get myself moving--I'll feel better if I make myself be productive and active.

Unless of course I do have a virus or something coming on, in which case I'll probably go to bed with a book or maybe go watch some Mythbusters, cheerfully aware that it isn't really me and that I'm going to feel better.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

(Addendum:  I am running a low grade fever, which actually cheers me up tremendously.  I'm not depressed; I'm just sick and I can blame the attitude and the lethargy on a virus.  Plus, you get more sympathy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment