Monday, April 18, 2016

Kinda Stressed Right Now

I'm dealing with some stress and anxiety right now and it's occupying a great deal of my prayer time.

It's mostly some issues in my financial and professional life. Interestingly enough it has virtually nothing to do with the family oddities that are the focus of this blog (except that the various medical things do add to the financial stress.) There's just too much month left at the end of the money and some things going on with my job that I can't seem to get on top of.

I'm sure you can relate.

I don't really have anything to complain about. I work with some great people, I eat regularly, and I have a roof over my head. I don't, when it comes down to it, have anything really to worry about. God has demonstrated that He intends to guide me and provide for me, and I need to learn to rest in that.

But everything has kind of come together at once, you know how it is? I was intending to make this a light-hearted post, maybe tell you some encouraging and entertaining stories about introversion or hospital waiting rooms, but I'm preoccupied by anxiety. Sorry. Kind of like the stand-up comedian who has to be funny even when he's having a bad day.

But James 1:5 tells us that if we ask for wisdom God will provide it for us and Philippians 4:13 says that I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me and 2 Timothy 1:7 says that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and sound mind. I just need to learn better how to trust in God in difficult times.

I appreciate your prayers, friends.

Hope all's well out there, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment