Thursday, April 14, 2016

Interviewing Adored Wife

Adored Wife has said that she wants to help with this blog, but she's honestly been so busy with her community theater show on top of everything else she has going on that she's not been able to get to it. Right now she's working in the kitchen and I'm surreptitiously interviewing her.

I've told her that I'm doing this. She says she can talk about what it's like to be elbow-deep in bacon because she buys it in bulk and puts it in plastic containers to freeze because it's cheaper that way.

She's currently rummaging around in her Tupperware drawer and says that one day I should do a blog on her infinite Tupperware collection.

AW: (Sigh) You can never find the right lid with the right container.

AW: (Sigh) I had this organized.

AW: WHAT are you writing?

I tell her I'm blogging and read her what I have so far.

Adored Wife shakes her head. She's used to me.

AW: I thought it was an interview, not a transcription. An interview would be much more interesting. (She hands me a big stack of bacon containers.) Here. Put this in the freezer.

I go and do so. Then I come back and ask her an interview question.

So, what's it like being you?

AW: Extraordinarily interesting. Hand me the potholders.

Interesting how?

AW: I do many, many, many, many things whether I'm proficient at them or not.

Such as?

AW: Ah, my brain's kind of, a little.....

It's okay, I get it. Whatever that is smells good.

AW: This is pasta. In the oven is quiche. Open the microwave.

I think I may try this again when AW's not making supper. Plus I'm hungry.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment