Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankfulness

I hope I don't come off as whiny or complaining on this blog.  It's my attempt to share some of my family's life, made a little interesting by some challenges and complications many families don't deal with.  We really do try to keep a sense of humor and perspective about things, not to mention trusting God to help see us through.

So today, in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to list some things I'm thankful for.

1. First and foremost, for my Savior and Lord Jesus.
2. For the hope of Heaven, by the light of which all the things of this age fade into proper perspective.  I'm going to live forever and my troubles are going to fade away.  I can OUTLAST them.
3. For the joy and laughter my family and friends bring me.
4. For the many beauties and wonders of the world.
5. For the ability to walk, talk, work, and rest.
6. For the chance to make a difference in the lives of others.
7. For plenty of food to eat and clothes to wear and a safe, warm place to sleep.
8. For....sunsets, puppies, babies, chicken salad sandwiches, libraries, waterfalls, Mythbusters, hardware stores, working vehicles, store window displays, churches, Irish folk music, community theater, photographers, the military and police officers, baby hedgehogs, bad jokes, comic book superheroes, desk toys, Christmas lights, toy shops, woodcarvers, fairy tales, Pixar movies, oatmeal raisin cookies, road trips, National Geographic, Slinkies, sidewalk chalk, playgrounds, duck ponds, walking trails, power tools, computers, art exhibits.......

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment