Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Artist Is Leaving the Basement

Basement Artist will be leaving the basement.

Not immediately--not for several months, in fact.  But early next summer if all goes according to plan she'll be marrying her young man and moving from North Carolina to Montreal.  She just got back from a two-week trip to see him in which, among other things, they finalized a date.

I missed her when she was gone for two weeks.  I expect to cry like a baby when she gets married and moves out.

But it's okay.  We don't own our children; we only keep them in stewardship for a little while.  I'll have had her at home for twenty-four years.  I'm very blessed.  If God's calling her to Canada (and it certainly looks like He is), then may she go with our blessing.

Of course, now I'm going to have to come up with a blog nickname for my future son-in-law as well.  He's a nice guy and I like him.  He was initially a little intimidated by me (which is only appropriate as I was his girlfriend's father) but I think he's started to relax.  He's a few years older than BA, has a good job with a career path, and spoils my daughter.  No worries there.

But, yeah, the next nine months are going to go by in a hurry.  Big changes for our family and for the Artist.  Lots and lots of other people have dealt with this, of course, but it's always different when it's your own.

Hope all's well out there, friends, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment